The Australian Government is committed to increasing your choices when it comes to aged care services.
The Government is changing how aged care is delivered in Australia. These changes relate to Home Care Packages (HCP) and will commence on 27th February 2017, giving consumers more choice, control and flexibility in the way you receive home care services and how those services are delivered.
If you require additional services to supplement your HCP, you also have the choice and flexibility to decide which service provider you wish to use.
If you choose to not go ahead with a Government package, not to be financially assessed and choose to have private care provided to you or your loved one, or you choose to supplement a Home Care Package with extra care with our agency, Care for Family will provide a high quality service at the most competitive rates in the aged care industry - and you may be surprised at the difference between the options.
The changes in home care delivery from end of February mean that choosing Care For Family will be financially favourable to families as there will be:
- NO administration charges;
- NO assessment charges; and
- NO case management charges.
You will work together with our assessment team member to create a care plan that suits the needs of the individual and their surrounding family.
Australians are living longer and healthier lives and it is important that as people age, they have choices about their care. Many people would prefer to live independently at home as they get older, and we absolutely support that.
At Care for Family, we prioritise how aged care is delivered to someone in their own home, and we work toward a plan that aims to support and empower both the person in care and their family. If an individual is generally able to manage at home but needs some help with daily tasks, we offer a number of services to enable them to stay in the comfort of their own home and enjoy its comforts for a lot longer.
Services we provide that may help at home include:
- Nursing care – a qualified nurse is available to come to your home to provide the assistance required, e.g. wound care or provide continence advice
- Domestic assistance – household assistance including cleaning, washing and ironing
- Counselling – including topics such as grief and loss
- Personal care – help with bathing or showering, dressing, hair care and toileting, etc
- Meals and other food services – assistance with preparing and eating meals, or help for those with special diets
- Transport – help to get out to do shopping or go to appointments
- Health support – we have a number of services that can offer a range of therapies- just ask!
- Podiatry & physiotherapy to advise on exercise, mobility, strength and balance.
- Palliative care - provided by caring, experienced and qualified care workers and nurses.
By 2022, the Government's vision is that Australia’s aged care system will:
- be sustainable and affordable, long into the future
- offer greater choice and flexibility for consumers
- support people to stay at home, and part of their communities, for as long as possible
- encourage aged care businesses to invest and grow
- provide diverse and rewarding career options
Already ahead of these changes, Care For Family covers all of the above goals and more. Please contact us for a friendly discussion on how it could be of benefit to you or your loved one to select private care.
You can also find further information here: